Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Project Catch Up

Today is Kelly's birthday and he turns 45. Where or where has the time gone. It is also Mom and Dads anniversary. Every year at this time I think about the night I went into labor with Kelly. It was the evening of the 15th. I was ready to have this baby, but Dear Mom came down and made me stay on the couch till AFTER midnight. She wanted her first grandchild born on their wedding anniversary. She Won!!!!

Have been getting behind on keeping up with pictures of things I've been working on. So today (since I've been in the sewing room long enough for a while) I'll try and catch up on some.

In exchange for some CQ (Crazy Quilt) goodies, Sandi sent me some selvage edges. So yesterday I happened onto a wall quilt of a bookcase with selvage edges used for the books. Now I need one of those, so got busy using some of Sandi's selvages and made a block with just her's. Wish I would have had her sign one, but I put her name on it for her. Saved out some of the holiday ones and will put them with some of mine for a block with just holiday books. That is as far as I've gotten so far. There will be 11 sections for books, so have a ways to go. Am going to need to find some more people to trade with. I have not near enough strips of my own. This will be a work in progress for some time to come.


Now to some of the other things. Finished a snowman block, think that is 5 or 6 that I have done. Anyway, about halfway there I think.


Also been working on (and I love this one) the Shabby Rose BOM (block of the monthfrom Jenny's site www.elefantz.blogspot.com/). Am making 2 of each one. One will be a gift and the other is for me! Also yesterday I took one of these blocks that I practiced on and made it into the center for a pillow for a neighbor lady. I finished it this morning and now need to get a pillow form. Will post a picture after it is completely finished. She is always doing something nice for me like a bouquet of flowers or a statue for the flower bed, etc.


Finished the embroidery work on Mom & Dad's door hanging for the month of July! still need to do the name of the month and get a border around it.

Do have a couple of more but this will do for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment