Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Irene Sew Along

Have gotten everything together (I hope) to work on this and maybe use up those scraps. I was going to use a light brown for the x blocks. Made a couple and didn't like it so off to plan B.  I mentioned before that I don't like to use plain white as a background color. I like the looks of it when someone else does it but not mine!! So with lots of trial and error I ended up with a muslin colored and so far like the way it looks.

Here are my blocks so far

I have quit a few of the 16 patch blocks finished (at the top of the picture) but my intension is to make a larger quilt so will need a lot more of them. Also have been wondering if there might be some way to FMQ these blocks or maybe a 4 block square of them. If anyone can give me any ideas on this idea they would be appreciated!

Just in case anyone might be interested in doing this sew along with us here is where Terry is getting us started. Irene Sew Along.

Found a UFO yesterday that I want to try to finish. It is several years old. Found that I was short 2 block patterns but got ahold of the instructor to this BOM and found out where I can get them. Am doing a Happy Dance now and just hope I can get it finished.  It is called Christmas in July.

Take Care and Be Safe

12 comments:

  1. Your blocks look great! You're going to be ahead of everyone else! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It look lovely Margie, I love all the colors, scrappy quilts are my absolutely favorite.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great so far! You've been busy to get so many blocks done already! :) Overachiever??

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done well getting so many blocks made and they are just lovely !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty blocks. You have a lot of blocks made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your rows are going to be finished before we get into March :) Those blocks are addicting so I can understand. You've chosen some fun, scrappy fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are on a roll with your blocks. They look great. I'm pacing myself because I need to get some UFOs done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks really good. Lots of scrappy goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's looking great. Lots of fun going on there :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job. So you're quilting as you go along? I have never tried that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gonna be a very lovely quilt. I have always been partial to scrappy quilts. I may have to give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete