Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Am I loosing My Mind

I really feel like an idiot!!! Was going thru a small closet that I have some larger pieces of material in to use for backings. Was trying to find some to use on a UFO. While there I found a box with a very familiar picture on it. (I try to print out a small picture of what is in the box and fasten it on the outside. Now just to remind you, I'm working on the Goodnight Irene Blocks!! Been cutting 2 1/2 inch squares trying to use some stash.
Still a pile of material to cut up to use and to try to organize the rest of it. Plus there is a lot more to find and cut.
Now back to what happened in the closet.  That picture on the outside of the box looked like the Irene quilt. No that can't be! Opened the said box and here is what I found!!
That's right! Check the picture, it is the very same pattern but this one was made with 2 1/2 inch square triangles so ALL of those blocks (upper left) I can't use in the one I'm working on now but everything else can.  I have no idea how long that box has been hiding but I must really like this quilt to have started it once before. Am enjoying the way it is made this time around and I'm a few blocks and more 2 1/2 inch squares closer than I was!!
 
There I told on myself and am sure no other quilter has ever pulled a stunt like that!! Ha Ha!!
 
Sunday evening I was wanting to do some embroidery and I have a neighbor lady who is having a birthday in March and she loves her birds and has her feeders sat up so I can enjoy them from my kitchen window. So I found this
I finished the redwork last night. I only worked on it in the evening. Really went fast, and then I quilted it today. It will make a small pillow but will need to get some red material for the edges. None of the reds I have seem to match! Durn the luck, now I will have to go check out material.
 
Now I need to go find something to work on this evening. I can not just sit and watch TV. My hands need to be busy. I may do some knitting. I finally found a sock pattern that works for me and I've got one finished. Am not happy with the way the heel went in (got holes) but maybe I can figure out on the second one how that is suppose to be done. Have tried making socks many, many times but never been happy with how the first one fit so the second one never would even get started.
 
Take Care and Be Safe
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you found those blocks now and not once your quilt was finished! LOL

    ReplyDelete