Finished the little pillow with birds for the neighbor lady's birthday. Was a very quick project and enjoyed doing it till it got to that red on the edge. It is a pattern that is in the "Winter Twitterings" book. Couldn't get the corners to puff out like I wanted. If I ever make another one I will put a gathered edging on it. Need to write myself a note in the book.
Have been knitting some socks and finished a pair the other night and started a new pair last evening. The ones I finished were from yarn that was recycled from a sweater I purchased at a thrift store, so have LOTS of it.
But because the yarn was really tiny stuff I had to improvise on the heel part or it would not have been big enough. Had to add a row in between each decrease and adding back on. This left holes that I didn't know how to take care of. Other than that I'm happy!! Have tried for years to make a pair and had lots of single socks with no mate!!! Would always give up after the first one because they were always way to big.
The ones I started last evening are from regular sock yarn so maybe the gusset can be made like it is suppose to be. I do know that this yarn is a lot easier to work with than the blue recycled stuff was.
Haven't done any quilting the last few days. Seems like when I sit and sew anymore for even just a small amount of time, my back kills me the rest of the day. Getting old sucks. Can't do everything we want to but now we have the time to do it!!
Take Care and Be Safe
Songbird Crazy Quilt Placemats
1 day ago




No comments:
Post a Comment