Thursday, January 9, 2014

Going to try and catch up

Been to long since I've posted anything but am going to try and get this blog up to date. Didn't do much sewing, if any, after Thanksgiving. Just could not get in the mood so most of the gifts for Christmas we bought. I sometimes wonder why I even bother. Not even a Thank You from the two granddaughters or their mother. The son called and thanked us for his and said that the littlest on loved his snake (Made one from and old neck tie for him) I was raised to always send a card or some kind of a Thank You but I guess that is not done now days!! Makes you not to want to give gifts at all.

Enough of that. After Christmas I came down with the flu of some kind. Had my flu shot but today is the first day I've really felt good. Seems like after the first 5 days I would have 1 OK day and then 1 not so good day. Hope tomorrow is as good as today!

As usual after the New Years I get in the mood to sew and in my excursions around the internet I saw this picture from here. I fell in love with it and spent 1 day drawing up the pattern that I could use my 2 1/2 inch blocks for.
 So I new I had some 16 patch blocks started but didn't like because I was using white as the background. Found it and ripped the blocks from it.
                                                                                                        
 
There is something about a white background that I don't like the looks of when I DO IT. I like it when I see it in pictures and have tried several times to make something with it but it's always the same.                                                                                             
Now to tell the story on myself, a couple of days ago, quite by accident I went to check out a blog and guess what I found. Yep, the directions for making this quilt and it had all the measurements and everything. I had figured the pattern right as all my measurements were the same as hers.
Here it is. A sew Along!!!
So I've been cutting more squares and sewing them as leaders and enders. 
Then I decided, for this month anyway, I am going to work on a UFO that I started back in 2012 called "Wish Quilt".  I had all the big blocks of red work finished and most everything was cut. So finished up the smaller pieces of red work and started putting it together. Finished it this afternoon!!  Now it needs a boarder and quilted. Am not going to commit to when that will get done but at least I can put all that red material away! This was a pattern put out by Red Brolly and you can probably google it but I don't know if the pattern is still a free one or not.
Tomorrow we need to go grocery shopping as Old Mother Hubbard's cupboards are very bare because she has not felt like shopping. Or maybe this is just an excuse to go to town so I can get some plain colored material to make blocks to go with my 16 patch blocks. Haven't figured out what color yet, but maybe a light brown. Will need to see which bolt of fabric jumps off the shelf and says me, me, me!!
 
Take Care, stay warm and be safe!!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. I seem to use white a lot for backgrounds, just because the colors stand out so well with white. One of these days I really need to try something else for a background color! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know it's depressing when you put blood sweat and tears in something and they don't seem to understand or brush it off. I don't sew for those people again. I make for my grands and they have loves them so far but a great grand said' where's the toy'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Barbara for understanding how I feel. If it wasn't close family they probably wouldn't see another gift!!

      Delete