Monday, January 13, 2014

More material and a new Thimble


Since today was my birthday my daughter and I went to JoAnns, just the 2 of us. They were having a sale and I had great intensions for my Christmas money. Could have all the time I wanted in the store without hubby sitting out in the car waiting for me. Hate That, always feel like I have to hurry!!

The other day I had bought some light brown material for the Irene sew along. After getting home and making a couple of blocks I didn't like it. So today I picked out some muslin  colored material. Made a block tonight and like it a lot better.

Now I had BIG plans for my money and do you think I could find anything I wanted? NOT!!! Why is it when you have the money that happens and when you don't have it you see all kinds of things? Or at least that is what happens to me.

Since we couldn't find anything to get in there we walked over to Michaels to check it out. Not much there but I did find a new thimble. This is a picture of the 3 sizes of thimbles I keep by my chair (with more in the sewing room) because I never know how swollen or not my hands are going to be when I need a thimble.

So I happen to see this thimble and thought now that might just work and I wouldn't need to pick one according to the size of my finger at the time.
So I did make 1 purchase for myself today and maybe will only need to have just 1 thimble. If it works I will need to purchase a couple more for the sewing room and then hope maybe I can find ONE when I need it.
We then went to lunch at Applebees and it was very good as usual except that they were very busy and we had to wait quit a while and we didn't get exactly what we ordered but they made it all good on the bill and we were happy. All in all it was a very good day and we had fun!!!
 
My neighbor was teasing me last night and was telling me how old she was in doggy years so here is my doggy year age--497--she is 1 doggy year older than me. Never know what she is going to do or say next!! Nice neighbor to have!!
 
Take Care & Be Safe
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment