Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Need to water houseplants more often

Went back into the laundry room today to water the plants and look what I found!!! There are two different  (colors) in the same pot. When it decided to bloom it went wild!!

Also noticed that my poinsettia that was given to me at a garage sale a couple of summers ago and was all shriveled up and mostly dead is starting to get some color. Have babied it all this time and will get pictures if it blooms at all.  I wish now that I had taken a picture of it when I got it.

Have been thinking about Christmas gifts and am wanting to make each of the 3 families a tree skirt. Won't be able to use it this year but hopefully for years to come.  Finally found a pattern in a magz. that I liked but need to make a trip to town for the background fabric. Got in the sewing room and dug thru scraps today and pulled all the dark and light reds and greens for the log cabin blocks that go on it.

Am hoping that the repair shop will call in the next few days telling me the Singer 15-91 is ready to go. Would be nice to be able to use it to make the tree skirts with.

A couple more pictures of our trip last month. On the way back home, thru the Columbia River Gorge, there are many, many, many of the wind turbines. These are huge as you can tell by the truck below it. I didn't plan this picture this way, but it does show the size.
 And we often see the trucks hauling the sections for these but I have never been quick enough with the camera. Almost wasn't this time but I got part of the blade. Kept hoping for another truck so I could get the whole thing but there wasn't one.
 
Going to take Koda in tomorrow and get her shaved. I can not handle all the hair. Have never had a dog that shed as much as she does. Everyone says it will be much better after we get it done.
 
 
 
 
She will probably be really unhappy with us for a few days but hoping not to mad!!    
 
Enough for tonight.  Everyone be stay safe!! 
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment