As I've been working on other things I've been sewing with leaders and enders for my Irene blocks but haven't been putting any blocks together. These are just a few of what I did this morning when I took the picture. Don't know why the picture is turned, but I can't seem to get it to go the right way.
Was in the mood to finish some UFO's (only for a short time tho) and had some table mats that didn't get finished 2 years ago for Christmas presents. Just needed binding put on and sewed down. Now they will be ready for a quick gift this year.
Started the new BOM put on by http://www.fatcatpatterns.com/. My DGD loves penguins and I only wish this BOM would be finished by her graduation from high school this year but at only 1 block a month it won't happen. She may get and IOU with a picture. Just have a little more blanket stitch to do and this block will be done and waiting for one to join it!
Now for several years I've wanted to make each of the kids (3) a tree skirt for the holidays. Finally found a pattern that I liked and put one together. Am happy with it but I wish there was a formula for putting the sections together so things would line up. Had to do it by guess and some of the sections are a little off. Now I need to find something for the back and then I want to FMQ holly on it I think! This was made with stash material. I would have separated some of the colors differently but only had so much of those pieces so they had to go where they would fit in!!! Sorry the picture is not that good.
Also put together the two quilted sections of my quilting in sections quilt experiment and am very happy with the way it went so now I need to sandwich the other two sections and get them quilted. The two sections I've quilted and put together already went so well that I just might put another row or two on it and make it just a bit bigger. Am doing this experiment to see if I can put my Irene quilt together this way. I really have a lot of trouble wrestling a whole quilt under the arm of the sewing machine.
Enough for today. Hope all are warm and safe!
Songbird Crazy Quilt Placemats
1 day ago




Those penguins are adorable!! Have fun working on your Irene blocks! :0)
ReplyDeleteTree skirts for my sisters are on my list this year. I love the one you shared!
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting my Scrap-a-palooza button on your sidebar!