Saturday, May 30, 2009

Gone again today



Seems like we are never home anymore. Went to Roseburg and took the door hanging over to Mom and Dad. Dad even read everything on it and grinned. That made me feel good!! Was not going to do much in town, went to a few garage sales and then it started. We'd better go do this while we are here and we need to go there, then I want to stop at--and on and on!! It ended up being another long day. Maybe tomorrow we will kick back---(I hope)!
Am posting a picture on here of the first real quilt I made. A subject was brought up on Sandi's blog about friends you quilt with. Since I do not quilt with anyone I shared my story about this quilt. I gathered signatures at a family reunion in 1992 and put them all onto a quilt with Grandmothers block in the middle and is made with some of her material which I got the most of and still have some. She was 97 years young at the time. She lived two more years after this to be 99 years old. I also remember her making braided rugs and one I remember was not a little one. It was a very large oval rug and all from wool. She would not throw ANYTHING away and I blame her for that part of me. I also got all of her buttons and some of these are very old!

I've rattled on long enough for tonight---so Good Night

No comments:

Post a Comment