Friday, January 25, 2019

Very slow this week

   I mostly worked on my hand piecing and finished the 9 patch block.
   Was invited to attend a house warming party on Sunday afternoon so had to get busy making a gift since I had nothing ready in the gift box.
   Wendy's house across the street burnt last April ( if I remember right) and I gave her a quilt at that time. Now they have the new house. Made a few crochet scrubbies and have been knitting some dish cloths . Did have some pot holders made so that along with a set of bowls is what I will take.
   Today was the day for the surgery on my toe. All went well and all the time I spend dreading the shot he would give me to deaden the toe was unnecessary. I've stuck myself with a pin while sewing that hurt worse than the shot did.
   The toe is throbbing some tonight. Doesn't do to bad unless I get up and move around.
   Tried yesterday to sew a couple of blocks for the tree skirts but only managed to make one and ruined 2 by being careless with my cutting. So gave up!!!
   Also yesterday (just not a good day) was making some meatballs for  a new soup to try. Recipe called for 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Grabbed the shaker, unscrewed the lid and dumped!!!! More darn pepper than I needed. Fixed the problem as best I could. Thankfully you couldn't taste it. Will be a good recipe for camping with a note to be careful adding the pepper!!!

Take Care and be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment