Got busy right away on this week's block for hand piecing. Wanted to finish it before I went to bed the other night. Opened it up and this is what it looked like. Guess I should learn to quit when I'm tired!
Frogged it the next evening and did it the right way.
If anyone is interested in joining in on the fun, go Here for more info. It is a learning experience and very relaxing!
Melissa over at Happyquilting made a tutorial for a star block using selvages. Since I have been saving them and also grabbing them at garage sales, I have a very large box of them but not color sorted. Got busy and pulled out some reds and went to work. It now needs to be quilted and I have no idea what I want to do in that department. This is the largest block.
Am now in the process of sorting my selvages into their own bags of colors. I want to use the small block pattern and make a quilt with different colored blocks. Wish now I had taken a little more time and arranged the squares a little better but I still like it.
I have now finished with all the hand stitching on the chickens. Also needs quilted. This is a picture before it was finished. Friends birthday not till March, so have some time.
Did not work at all this week on the Christmas tree skirt blocks. I guess last time when I made 3 blocks and messed up on two of them I'm not wanting to even look at them now. Not something I can rip out and redo! Have to re-cut them!
My minor surgery on my toe is doing great. Was finally able to put my slippers on the other night and I was a Happy camper!! Had been just wearing my socks and was very afraid I would stub my toe on something. 😨
Enough for tonight!
Take Care and be safe!
Songbird Crazy Quilt Placemats
1 day ago




Ohmy, I can't even imagine working with salvages. Your start is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteAnd those chickens? LOVE! (I had laying hens a few years back and have lots of chicken decor still).
Lovely block. Thanks for linking up with the Hand Pieced QAL.
ReplyDelete