
Last year, when I was doing a lot of CQing I did a piece on making a spider and Carolyn helped me with it. She paints, which is something I can only wish I could do and can only love what others do. How she does something this small I will never understand. This is painted on a piece of silk. Was going to put a quarter with it when I took the picture but forgot. So the piece measures not quite 4x4 inches. I will find some very special way to use this. Thank You so much Carolyn!!
It has cooled of just a little today. I think our thermometer said it got up to 105 degrees. That is a whole lot better than the 118 that it read for the last 2 days. I know it reads hot as it is right out in the sun and is also getting heat from the wooden railing it is sitting on. Can't figure out where to put it that it would be accurate. It's not that far off tho, because Roseburg had 111. It has been so hot that the blooms and the leaves on a lot of the flowers are burnt and all shriveled up. I poured the water to them but that didn't keep the heat from doing it's job! Just hope this is over and we can get back to normal.
Went to Roseburg yesterday (early) and it was so smoky from the 2 fires we have burning not far away. Even today it is smoky looking here. Sure could use some rain, but it doesn't look like there is any in the near future.
Take Care!
No comments:
Post a Comment