Saturday, December 29, 2018

Fast Finish For a Quilt

   After finding out a couple of weeks ago that my daughter-in-laws mother has cancer and needed to start cemo on Wednesday of this week, I was wishing I had a finished quilt to give her. Gave the one I had to Wendy (neighbor) when their house burnt in April, and had not replaced it. Then on Saturday morning a light bulb went off. I have been slowly working on some scrap blocks, so checked to see if I might be close to having enough. There was just enough if I made some large 4 patches to go with them. So Saturday afternoon I got busy cutting some more 4 patches and putting them together. Needless to say nothing else was done over the weekend as I hoped to have it finished by Monday evening when the kids were going down to visit with her.
   Didn't think I was going to make it but everything went well and by Sunday evening I was sewing the binding down by hand and then it was finished!

 This is where I was straight line quilting it.

 This is the finished quit and she was able to use it on Wednesday when she went for her first cemo session. Heard she was very glad she had it as she got so cold.
   After the full steam ahead over the weekend and the day after Christmas spent in town (husbands idea) I found myself not wanting to do much. Hubby told me later to remind him next year not to go to town the day after Christmas!
    I did manage to get 2 more blocks made for the Christmas tree skirts I'm working on for gifts next year. Have 17 finished of the 25 needed for the large skirt and then will need 16 for a smaller one.
   Since I've not touched the material I found at the yard sale, and there is not much left to cut up and put away, I think I will work on that today.
   Have spent the last couple of evenings tatting. How fast you forget things when you haven't touched it for a while. Had to look up a few videos to jar my memory.
  Take Care and Be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment