Wanted to start chain piecing 2.5 inch squares together for a project I want to do. Mr. H would only sew a few inches and then all knot up. Worked on changing the bobbin with no luck. Tried re-threading, no luck. Gave up for the day. Tried again the next day thinking maybe I had the bobbin in wrong. Mr. H was winning this battle! Then I happen to remember something I had read a few years back that some of the older machines were really picky. They needed the same brand and size of thread in both the bobbin and coming from the spool. Now we are both happy! I love sewing on this machine. It makes such a pretty stitch.
Spent a lot of my mornings cutting up my yard sale find, from last week, into usable pieces and putting them away.
Before
And now
Just a few larger pieces left!
Also finished my hand piecing project. Debated on hand quilting, when it was brought to my attention that a table runner would probably spend a fair amount of time in the washing machine. So I went with machine quilting it. Am very happy with it. Will now wait till after the first of the year to see what the Hand Piecing group on FB is going to be doing for a project. I used a Holiday print on the back so it can be used for special times.
Also got 2 more blocks put together for the Christmas tree skirts I want to make for gifts next year. Counted my pieces, of scrap Christmas fabrics, that I have cut and ready to go and it looks like I have enough cut for 2 skirts. If I don't loose interest I may be able to make the two granddaughters one also. Maybe I'm dreaming tho!
Finished a pair of knitted socks, last night, for my DDL. I sure hope they fit because they look small, but I have a large foot so probably just look small to me.
Spent most of Thursday in town getting groceries and just looking. Not often hubby wants to go into Wal-Mart. Think maybe I caught a bug because I didn't sleep worth a darn Thursday night and had a headache most of Friday and accomplished nothing! Am better today
and ready for the day. Maybe shopping is to much for me anymore.
Am sharing with Scrappy at scraphappy Friday.
MERRY CHRISTMAS to all.
Take care and be safe!




Congrats on your lovely finish and on getting the trouble with Mr. H sorted out!!
ReplyDeleteThat's an accomplishment!
ReplyDeleteNice progress during such a busy time.
ReplyDeleteLovely finish!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas!