Saturday, December 1, 2018

Long time with no posts

It's been a very wet and gray day today and the arthritis in my lower back and also my hands has really been acting up. Seems like each winter it gets worse along with the knees.
   Am going to try to post on a new project so I can keep track of my progress. Have been wanting to make each of the kids a Christmas tree skirt for several years and could never find something I really liked. Then I found this picture here that caught my eye.  So out came all my Christmas materials after I finally found the pattern. Tried to remember the name of the block but with no luck. I thought I wrote it down.
I've added two more blocks since this picture was taken and am starting to second guess my decision. Would make a beautiful quilt and don't know if I will be able to bring myself to ✂ that hole in the center!!!
   Also joined a FB page for hand piecing so this evening I made a 4 patch block from some of my Christmas prints I had out on the cutting table. It didn't go to bad. Now it's a waiting game till after the first of the year to see what blocks we are going to be given to work on.


   Also am trying to knit a pair of socks for Terri (Daughter in law) for Christmas. They look kind of small but then she does have a small foot. Guess we will see.
   That's it for tonight.
Take Care and be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment