On my last post I forgot to add the picture of my penguin block for Feb. It is ready to blanket stitch around but I'm not happy with it. Since you can't get Steam a Seam anymore I used some other stuff I had here and it made it to thick in spots and is very hard to get the needle thru all the layers. So, while in town yesterday I made a small purchase of some light Wonder Under. Will try about three layers on a scrap and see if my needle goes thru it any better. If so, this little guy will be redone! DO NOT LIKE THAT STEAM A SEAM IS GONE!!!
Got the third panel, 2 blocks wide, basted and under the machine with a little quilting done on it.
Then I got to wondering if this quilt was going to be as long as I would like. Since I really like this way of QAYG I can make it longer.
Did some math and no it won't so started making some more blocks, about 18 more is what's needed. One good thing about this quilt, besides the fact I'm enjoying doing it, is the fact I HAVE seen my supply of 2- 1/2" squares go down a bunch!!
Since I really like this way of QAYG I can make it longer. I have even started looking a quilt patterns to see if they can be quilted this way. Yes, there are a couple I would like to do!!!
Today, if I can find the things I need, I want to make a clock for my sewing room. Get to working on something and time flies. I know I have the workings for one but can't seem to come up with a way to use them. Saw a picture on Pintrest I liked where they had used a lid from a tin. The kind Christmas cookies come in, but I don't want it quit that big. So I may need to wait for a trip to a thrift store. Trouble is, I know I have some up in the attic, but don't like to go up there!! Always tell hubby when headed that way just in case I get lost and he needs to come help me find my way out. Just a little over 1,000 sq. ft house, so not a big attic. Just to much crap up there!!
Take Care and Be Safe
Songbird Crazy Quilt Placemats
1 day ago



No comments:
Post a Comment