Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Irene Quilt progress

Have been working on this along with my other projects. You will need to take my word for it that these panels are 9 blocks long. I just don't have anywhere to take pictures of large projects.

Will be quilting this in a QAYG method that I used on my Camping Quilt I finished and posted about in a few posts back. The panel I will quilt will be 2 by 9 blocks. I have 2 panels done so 18 blocks finished. Am making this a large quilt!!!

Also found some flannel yesterday that I will use on the back. Have everything I need to start quilting except to figure out what kind of a design I want to use.
Have also been working on some more blocks as leaders and enders as I have been sewing on other things. Am wanting to make each of the 2 granddaughters a small purse for their birthdays. The bag I made the other day for myself is the pattern I will use, just need to come up with one more color combination. She likes pink and I don't have any larger pieces of pink so guess a trip is in order, plus I used up my last bit of interfacing when I made mine. So some more of that is also on the list.

Take Care and Be Safe

7 comments:

  1. Your Irene blocks look great! Have fun with the quilting! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blocks. They look great. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking fantastic. I'm making my quilt 9 x 9 blocks too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks really do look good! I'm thinking of making mine larger as well, but maybe not 9 wide! I'll be interested to see how your QAYG goes - have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete