Am sorry I can't show the whole quilt. Tried putting it on the bed, but the room isn't big enough to get far enough away to get the whole thing. Just not enough room anywhere in this house and it's wet outside. Maybe later, after things get back to some kind of normal around here, I can take it down to DDIL's later and use her house!!
Now I need to finish quilting the other quilt that I have about half finished before I got this hair brain idea to go ahead with the Irene quilt.
Just want to say a BIG "Thank You" to Terry, blog is here, for getting me started on this quilt and now that I've figured out this quilting thing for big quilts, I'm looking at quilt patterns in a whole new way. Can I quilt it like this? If the answer is yes I save a picture of it for later ideas!! The Irene Quilt will probably be a Christmas present. If I can make 2 more large quilts this year that would mean each one of the kids would get one as a gift. Trouble is one child has a king size bed!!!
Had to take hubby to the Nero Spine Institute in Eugene yesterday to see what to get done about his back. After the insurance denied the first request for an MRI we finally got it to go thru the second time. Had to streacth the truth a little, but the MRI came back with Sever central canal stenosis, along with a couple of other things. No wonder is back and leg are hurting so bad. Doctor yesterday said there will be surgery as soon as possible. Now we have to wait for the Insurance to approve that.
Started quilting on a wall UFO wall hanging this morning until I was reminded I needed to go to Roseburg to pick up a prescription for his pain pills (hope these are the last ones) and take it to the drug store to get it filled. Pain in the toosh that they can't call them in like other prescriptions.
Take Care and Be Safe


Margie- you are just going to town with the new QAYG method you showed me!! Nice job! I love that quilt!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on (almost) finishing your goodnight irene! My dad has that stenosis thing, but his isn't bad enough for surgery yet thank goodness! I hope all goes well for your hubby!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty Irene. This will be a great gift. I need to get busy and finish my Irene quilt.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful quilt. Hugs,xx
ReplyDeleteYour quilt is looking great - congratulations on the nearly finish!! And good on you for mastering the QAYG method, it sounds like a method you will really enjoy! l look forward to seeing a fullsize photo of Irene :-)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on a beautiful finish! Great job!
ReplyDeleteYour quilt looks fantastic. Congratulation !!!
ReplyDeleteGrit from Germany