Sunday, March 2, 2014

Finally Feel like posting

Have been sick for almost 2 weeks. Don't think to much of Urgent Care in Roseburg. It was a Sunday so not much of a choice. After being on penicillin for almost a week with very little improvement I ended up getting in with my regular Dr. She didn't like my swollen glands at all and put me on some stronger stuff. That was this last Thurs. and I started feeling like a human again yesterday and sewed most of the day. Wanted a new purse so with this pattern Here  I spent all day, off and on, working on it. Still need to get some hardware for the strap but other than that it is finished.


Before I got sick I finished the camping quilt and was itching to start another. Don't have any place in this very small house to take a picture of anything this large so laid it on the bed and folded it over. Would love to have taken it out someplace to take the picture but with all this rain (but not like Calif.) everything is really wet!!
 
This is how I did each of the black squares and it was a pain because the blocks that were on the seam where the rows were put together I had to finish after the whole quilt was finished. Well kind of!! If I'd been thinking I could have done them as I went but still moving that whole quilt around was not fun.
 
 
When I first started doing the QAYG method on the Camping Quilt and it was going so well I went thru a few of my flimsies and found another one that I could use this method on. Ripped out a few of the seams and ended up with 4 - 18 inch wide stripes. Today I sandwiched one of the strips and started quilting it.

And this afternoon 1 strip is finished. Only 3 more to do!
Even when I'm sick I just can't sit and do nothing. I wasn't down for the count so my hands had to be busy. Was going thru some Cross Stitch books and found this pattern
My neighbor feeds the birds all the time and so I thought this would make a nice Christmas present for her this year. It now looks like this.

Don't know what I will do to finish it up. Thought about maybe a pillow but then a wall hanging might be nice to. Maybe it will let me know what it wants to be before it is finished!

Ok I think I'm caught up with all the sewing and needlework for now.

Take Care and Be Safe
 
 
 
 
                                                                                                                                                                           
 

No comments:

Post a Comment