I must confess that I have a really bad problem with seams not matching. This goes back, I'm sure, to all the years of sewing in 4-H. Started in 4-H as soon as I was old enough to join and went thru most of High School. My home ec teacher wouldn't let me sew in the sewing part of the class but she let me knit one of the boys (football team player) a sweater that he wanted. Wish now I had a picture of that sweater. I do remember it had cables in it and was a cream color. Maybe that is why some 55 years later I still hate those cable things!!!
Back to the police. I sewed together some of the Irene blocks this morning and some of the seams are not matching. OHHHH well!!! I just kept telling myself to keep going and hope all works out in the end. Am going to put another row on this piece to make it square and then will FMQ it. When another section is put together and quilted I will then put the 2 together.
I still don't like seeing the seams thru the light material. I suppose that goes back to 4-H too! But am going to keep pressing on!!
Saw a picture on Pintrest this morning that I would like to do in the future with some of the nickel strips that I have cut. Here is the picky, picky coming out again, but what size should the black be cut and how long would the 5 inch strips be. I'm thinking the strips about 10 or 12 inches long and the black 2 or 2 1/2 inches. Am I to far off?????
We had freezing rain yesterday and things were a mess, but today it has warmed up (39) and has been raining all day and boy do we need the rain. Saw on the weather map that California is even getting some of the wet stuff. I sure hope so as they really need it.
Take Care and Be Safe
Songbird Crazy Quilt Placemats
1 day ago


I think your Irene blocks look just fine! And BTW...the quilt police have been banned from the sew-along, just so you know! LOL
ReplyDeleteThe Irene Blocks look great. We sure learned a lot (correct or incorrectly) in those home education classes. Its sad they don't have them anymore...at least not around here.
ReplyDeleteYour blocks look great and ignore the police....just enjoy yourself! I have trouble with dark seams showing on light blocks so I sometimes iron a little wonky to keep that from happening. I would use a 2 1/2 inch strip of black and you can make the other piece as long as you like but 10 inches would be good and give you 4 from a width cut.
ReplyDeleteI like your Goodnight Irene blocks...I didn't know there was quilt police, honest....i didn't ;)
ReplyDeleteThe Irene blocks look gorgeous.Enjoy sewing!
ReplyDeleteLooking good!
ReplyDeleteLooking good!
ReplyDeleteMy seams aren't matching up perfectly either. lol. But my Irene looks good anyway.
Your blocks look great
ReplyDelete