Saturday, April 13, 2013

Scrapbasket Sunday Post

Have made several trips to the chiropractor this week and am feeling some better but it still hurts to turn my head to one side or the other. I did manage to get some more blocks made for the strip quilt from my bin full of sheets. Am doing this project with some of the ladies over at Kim's blog. The button for Scrap Basket Sunday is on the side of my blog and will take you there. Am really kind of wishing I had more sheets!! Am kind of funny about using to many of the same design and colors. Maybe I need to get in on another FQ swap of Vintage Sheets!!!


We drove to the coast today just to get out for a while. It was beautiful over there, sun was shinning and the wind blowing just a little bit but the temp. thing at one of the stores said 47 degrees. Found a couple of yard sales and bought 2 pillow cases (trying to stay true to what I said "no more sheets"). Will see if I can get a couple of FQ's from them and use the left over strips in my blocks.

It really has been a very uneventful week around here so will post a picture of Koda. For some reason she loves to roll in the Pet Fresh that I sprinkle on the rug before getting the vacuum out. We really are enjoying her, we laugh a lot at some of the things she does.


Take Care & Stay Safe

7 comments:

  1. Margie, I love your string quilt! My "Summer Strings" is my favorite of all the quilts I've ever made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a string quilt a few years ago, loved the process so much it came out queen bed size because I just kept going. After seeing your project, I want to make another one! Your's looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the string quilt. Pretty with delicate colors in the sheets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you're doing with your scraps! And Koda is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear you're still suffering from neck and shoulder pain. I had a similar episode this week but I was lucky enough that it went away the next day. Hopefully yours will go away soon. I love your string blocks so far--very soft looking and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Koda looks like he is good entertainment! Your project is really cute. I just bought some sheets from a thrift shop. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning string blocks! Koda is beautiful and looks like he is ready for fun... hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete