Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Could this year please be over

Has been a sad few days. Dad passed away on Friday and I've been trying to help Mom through this because no one else seems to care enough to do anything. I know we have never been a really close family, but that was the way we were raised, and at a time like this some help would have been appreciated. We, (my family) all went over Sunday and had lunch with her. Brother came in for a few hours! Thanks to my 3 kids and their family's for coming into the dinner, and letting me know that if I need help you are there for us.

Mom and I spent Monday taking care of arrangements, went to the bank and got her to let me help her with all that. She is able to do it by herself now I think, Dad always did all of that, but if she needs help at least I will kind of know what is going on and for later on things are taken care of. She can be so very stubborn at times, but it is taken care of. Now we need to wait till the rest of paper work comes in and we can finish doing the other things that need done.
Tuesday I finally ended up taking a nerve pill as mom kept insisting on things that we needed and I tried and tried to explain to her it was taken care of, but she starts yelling (was on the phone)and to get her to believe what I was trying to say I had to call the places to make sure for her. She wouldn't call herself and find out but yet believed me when I called her back with what I was trying to tell her in the first place. Guess after thinking about it I could have just waited a few min. then called her back. She has always been like this, Just yelling and getting louder and louder and you can't get a word in edgewise to try to explain.
I did get the stuff ready for the newspaper with some help from Lynnett and want to say Thank You to her. I will now get off of the podium, sorry!!!

On a lighter note I just want to post that I joined in for a Bingo party, the button is on the side bar. Sounds like fun if I can just remember to check in everyday!! I've not done one of these before so we will see how it goes.

Need to go grocery shopping today then tomorrow a trip with mom to the Social Security office so we can sit and wait------ Take care All

1 comment:

  1. so sorry about your dad...it's always to hard to be the only one helping...

    ReplyDelete