Friday, January 1, 2010

Beginning of a New Year

The very first day of a brand new year is almost over. I did get the Christmas tree taken down and tomorrow will take the totes of decorations back up to the attic. Tried to put things away this year so that I don't need to dig thru everything next year to find what I want. That will probably not happen, but I tried. One more thing, I was going to post a picture around Christmas time of my poinsettia. So here is the picture, just wish I new what they fertilize those plants with to get the great big blooms that mine doesn't have.
Am going to edit this post and add the before picture that was taken Nov. 10th of the poinsettia as it was just starting to bloom.

and now the current one.


Also started working on the second block of the "Winter in Wonderland" quilt today. Finished the first one the other day, the BIG one. Haven't taken a picture yet but try to remember to do so. Also ordered a pattern for Raggedy Ann from Ebay. Can't wait for it to get here. Want to get started on it.

Also today I started cutting out squares from my CQ material. Decided to only keep a couple of 9 inch squares of each instead of all of it. It is just good material from clothing that I've picked up. Will maybe see if any of the girls on the message board wants the rest of it. I don't know that I will get back into doing Crazy Quilting. It is not something you just sit and do with very little things. You need all the beads, lace, buttons, ribbon and everything else when you get ready to embellish the blocks. Just to much stuff!! With embroidery work all you need is the piece you are working on, thread, needle (several if you keep loosing them) and a pair of scissors and you are good to go. Plus it doesn't work the old brain to much!!

This day is finished and I am off to lay my head on that pillow to be ready for another day. Good Night and a Very Happy New Year to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment