Got busy Monday morning cutting the block for this weeks hand piecing so I could put it together in the evening. Went together really well. If anyone is interested in learning how to hand piece there is a new lesson here each week and you can start anytime. https://www.elmstreetquilts.com/p/hand-pieced-qal.html .
This is my block for this week. I enjoy doing this so much that I was wanting something else to work on the rest of my evenings thru the week. I remembered a project I had cut for, and put in the RV to sew up with my hand crank machine. Took me a bit to find it and I only had 2 blocks put together. Sat here last evening and did one. This will be something I can take camping and be able to sit outside and work on. Won't have to drag out that heavy hand crank machine. But I will be doing some before we go camping!!!!
The one closest is the one I did last evening.
Also this week I was able to start putting my leader ender blocks together. I had a lot of these blocks done at one time. Then last month I wanted to make a lap quilt for a friend who found out she had cancer and is now having cemo. I made her a quilt using those.
After working on the selvage star yesterday it was ready to hang. Guess it can be for Valentine's Day as it is red. Just quilted in the ditch, got the binding put on and a hanging sleeve. If anyone has excess amounts of selvages HERE is a very good tutorial with different block sizes from small to large, like this one.
I've rattled on enough for tonight!
Take Care and Be safe





Lovely block. Thanks for linking up to the Hand Pieced QAL.
ReplyDelete