Friday, March 4, 2016

Bout ready to give up on knitting

After all the problems I had with the Hitofude cardigan why did I even purchase yarn for another one only a different pattern? Because I like to rip out knitting I guess. I found a free pattern for one that I liked. I purchased some yarn, Bamboo Pop. I love the way this yarn hangs and moves but it does want to split easily. Got the main part finished and tried it on. The sleeves are to tight at the arm pits. Nothing I can do but rip it out and go a size or 2 larger but then I'm afraid it will be to big around the neck. Decisions  Decisions


As for the pincushion organizer I wanted to work on the last time I posted, I didn't get to that day as DH wanted to go to Eugene. Finally got to put it together the other day. It kept wanting to slip off of the edge of the machine cabinet so I put a piece of that rubber shelf lining under it and seems to work fine now. Think I will stitch a piece permanent to the bottom. Now I can carry my tools from one machine to another.
Had an awesome surprise in the mail Wed. Some time ago I saw a picture of a wooden tatting shuttle, so I sent it my brother who loves working with wood. I attached a message asking if he could make one. I knew he was thinking about it when he called and wanted some measurements.
 I love them and they work!!! The one thing we didn't think about was bobbin sizes. I went and got a small box of plastic bobbins that I had been saving, for Dear Lord only knows why, so I could keep them with the shuttles and change colors when I wanted. Well, my bobbins are just a bit to wide. I called sister-in-law to see what machine he had swiped them from. She said it was a Viking or Huskivarna. May be hard to find any of those. Just might need a couple of knew shuttles to go with my bigger bobbins. He said the top bobbin is made from Bocote wood, and the other one is Myrtle Wood which is my favorite wood. We have the Myrtle wood trees here and love the smell of them.

On the wedding quilt I've been working on I now have 21 blocks finished and only 9 to go but need to cut a few more strips.
 
So today I will be cutting strips!!
Linking to http://www.patchworktimes.com/2016/03/04/on-the-needles-march-4-2016/
Take Care & Be Safe

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful shuttles! You might want to try a Class 66 bobbin. They are a bit narrower, but not as narrow as a class 60 (for Featherweight machines).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your sweater looks lovely. I have never tried a sweater, but please don't give up on knitting. You do beautiful work. Love your tatting shuttles too. Another skill I will never learn, but admire in others.

    ReplyDelete