Friday, March 11, 2016

What could this Be

I posted last time that a sweater I had worked on was to tight thru the arm pit so this
turned into this
and now back to this
and I've got my fingers crossed that it will be ok this time around. If it isn't I may need to find someone who it will fit!!!

Not much went on this week. Yesterday I started sewing on the house coat Terri wanted me to make for her. I don't seem to enjoy working with patterns anymore. Quilting and small items seem to be my thing anymore. Did find out that my Huskystar sewing machine wasn't worth a hoot when it came to sewing thru 4 layers of terrycloth. Was not looking forward to fighting with it while making this item and then a light bulb went off. Maybe I could use the zig zag on that machine and then sew the rest on my Singer 15 91. OMG it went thru 8 layers of this stuff with no problem!! I even got on the computer to see if there was a zig zag attachment for the 15-91. There is but will probably never ever find one. Now I'm really in Love with this machine.

Take Care & Be Safe


5 comments:

  1. Wow, that must have been a tough decision. SUre hope it works for you this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that wonderful about yarn you can re knit it no problem and the ripping is even easier Knit until it fits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my. Same thing here. I have had to start over on my sweater twice. I am on the third try. I am a new knitter and I spent a lot on the yarn so I am determined! Good luck with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must have the patience of Job. I don't think I could make myself unknit an article that was that far along and start over. Hope this time it works for you.

    On another subject. Can you post a close up of your Singer 15-91. I inherited an old Singer and searching through the internet has not revealed just what I have. Maybe if I see one that you absolutely know is 15-91 series, it will look like mine. Thanks much. I really want to find out so I can get it running again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dar, I thought for about 3 days before I finally just ripped it out. Was not an easy decision! As for my sewing machine I will try to get a picture on the blog for you, but it's really easy to tell. Your tension controller is on the side face plate instead of on the front of the machine facing you. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete