Friday, February 19, 2016

Was SO simple

After all the trouble I had last week with the increase row of the Hitofude, I decided to make me a small swatch with a life line to rip back to until I got the increase part figured out.

 
Well I figured it out the first time. Maybe it was the large amount of stitches on the project itself that confused me but after making the swatch everything is going really well now. I also put in a life line on the sweater itself before I started the increases so I wouldn't have to rip all the way back to the ribbing if I messed up again.


Tuesday I decided I wanted a new knitting bag and spent most of the day on the computer looking for a pattern that I liked. I finally found this one.  Got busy going thru my stash to find enough of some material that I liked and got it all cut out. Then Wed. after getting back from a morning of shopping I put it together. Was a very simple bag to make and I love it but only one problem. It's a bit small for a larger project. I can still stuff my sweater into it so I do not recommend it for a larger projects. Was hoping I could put my wallet and phone in the side pockets, that's all I usually carry with me, and then have my knitting with me also.  I still like the bag and it will be good until a sweater gets up to being almost finished. I would make 1 change if I make it again and that would be to use bigger bone rings or make the strap not as wide. It doesn't slide thru the rings very easy.


As I'm getting close to the finish of this KAL I've been thinking about a color for another one. When I finally decide I will see if I can talk my other half into making a trip to Coos Bay to a little shop I was in once that had walls and walls of yarn. Would really like to make one out of some nice soft yarn.

Take Care & Be Safe

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you had trouble but am glad you figured it out. It's pretty addicting, isn't it? This is my second one and I'm thinking about yarn for a third one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete