Monday, February 1, 2016

Late Again

Maybe I should change my one post a week to Monday!!! Kelly was home again this weekend. Brought Bre down for a wedding.

My idea for a block a day for the wedding quilt went to pots this week. only got 1 block made. Good thing I have till Sept. to get this finished. I know have 14 blocks and need 30.
Also, I joined in on a knitting project that starts today but I couldn't stand it when I got the pattern last month. My first try just wasn't going to fit. To tight. Frogged it and started again, got down to under the arms and still felt it was to tight. Sent a message to Judy (our leader), over at http://www.patchworktimes.com/2016/02/01/hitofude-kal-day-1/ who is leading this knitting group about my gauge swatch and she explained to me what I should do. So last night I sat and cast on stitches for the third time. I love this Hitofude cardigan and hope I don't get discouraged and it becomes a UFO!! Have knitted on this so much that I now have memorized the pattern. Well, down to the under arm part anyway. So it is going to be a take along project for now.
Also got a few orders for some tatted spool doilies so have also been trying to get these finished before their envelopes get here to mail them back to them in.

Take Care and Be Safe

1 comment:

  1. Once you get the under arms seamed, and then a bit of ribbing and get the set up rows done, the bottom is the same pattern sequence. You will start adding in between stitches but the basic patter is the sam. I can do it now without looking at the pattern and that never happens with my old brain.

    ReplyDelete