There are a few of us working on this Hitofude cardigan and Judy, is trying to guide us thru the pattern http://www.patchworktimes.com/.
My crafting probably started 67 (+ or -) years ago with Barbi Dolls. Mom had tried and tried to teach me to crochet to which she had no luck. One day she handed me some yarn, a hook, and a book on how to do it. Then told me to go to my room and not to come out until I knew how. Of course I thought that was just awful, but I figured it out and haven't stopped since! All of my crafts have been self taught except one. I get tired of one and start on something else. I guess quilting is #1 on the list but Knitting is not far behind, then cross stitch and it goes on from there. From being sent to my room I learned to just do it on my own!!!
Back to why I'm doing a post on Friday. This is my 3rd try at this cardigan. I would get it just down past the sleeves, try it on and it was to small. Am determined to do this. Am using some Yarn I had and it was the right size and I had a lot of it. If I get this to fit the way I hope I will invest in some yarn I really like. It looks gray here but is a pretty blue.
I finished up a couple of orders for tatted (another taught myself craft) spool doilies. Have only been tatting for about 5 years and really enjoy doing it. Can see those here. So now most of my evenings can be spent on the knitting.
The one craft I have not worked at a whole lot has to do with a spinning wheel my dad made for me years ago. This is probably to do with the fact of getting my hands on the wool. Can't justify spending $$$ on it to practice. Spinning is the one craft I took a short class on. Women there told me "as a rule, homemade wheels don't work really well". After taking turns playing with it they changed their minds. Dad had done a really good job! A picture of the wheel and the magazine he used to make it.
Now I'm off to see what everyone else is working on. Thanks for the visit!
Take Care & Be Safe
Songbird Crazy Quilt Placemats
1 day ago
Have you looked at paradisefibers.com? I've been ordering undyed wool from them and it seems pretty inexpensive compared to lots of other places.
ReplyDeleteYour Hitofude is looking great. I'm so proud of you!