Monday, April 7, 2014

A few Pictures

Was a beautiful day today so took my Irene quilt out and took a couple of pictures. The wind was blowing but the pictures didn't turn out to bad. This is the biggest quilt I have ever made.

One of the gals on the HGTV message board told me how to fix the mistake in spelling that I made on my camping quilt
All better now. Will just say I planned it this way!!!
Now, I had another quilt that first began life to be a lap quilt. Well, it is going to take a growing streak. Yes, this QAYG method has me doing quilt sizes I did not ever dream I could do!


Got out a large pile of strips , and no this is not even a smiggin of what is hiding in that room!
And have so far ended up with a few blocks. BUT, I'm getting this thing in my head about making it King size!!! Want to use these quilts for Christmas presents and the youngest son has a King size bed and his wife likes browns. Geee's a LOT more blocks needed. We will see how it goes.


Now today, after searching hours for the other quilt I had started quilting before "Goodnight Irene" came along, ( had moved things around and of course it was right where I had put it), I had the idea to stagger the seams where the sections go together. Was not liking the bulk. It wasn't bad, but just would be better if it was staggered. Here is the picture to maybe show what I did. Well the picture is sideways but the Red pin (top) is where the panels or columns are sewn together. The yellow pin is where the two back pieces have been joined. The pink (at the bottom and looks red) is where the batting has been basted together. I don't know why this won't work and we will see but probably not till Wed. as Hubby has an opt. to see the (can't spell it) guy who puts you to sleep for surgery, tomorrow in Eugene.
 Enough for tonight Take Care and Be Safe

3 comments:

  1. Irene looks wonderful! Thanks so much for sewing along with us! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Goodnight Irene is lovely. Also your camping quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt and I definitely think you should make a king size string quilt! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete