Sunday, March 31, 2013

Month of March starts & finishes

Really don't know where to start with this post as I have already posted most of these before.

For the month of March and my FO challenge (button to info is on the side bar)and the linky party

You will need to copy and paste this as I just can't get it to work the other way.

www.catpatches.blogspot.com/search/label/Quilts

I have started a project using the sheets that I have in a very large tote. It will be just string blocks. Am hoping this will use up some of them. From now on I will try to buy only pillow cases when I see them. (Yep, I sure will!!!!!)

This is a picture of the first 4 blocks put together. I will also be using this block for the Scrap Basket Sunday sewing. The button for this is also on the side bar if you are interested.


Have managed to do quit a lot of sewing this month. Made the dog hammock for the back seat of the car to keep Koda out of the front seat. The hammock turned out great but Miss Houdini manages to climb over it. The purse is great and I took a suggestion and took the shoulder straps off and put on a "Cross Body Strap". Have used the purse twice and I love it. How come it took me this long to try a cross over strap?

Finished the April center for MY hanging, made a couple of pincushions and a new Ironing board cover.

Then there is the Redwork block that I missed up on and had to unsew and rearrange so the star looked like a star!!! This is the before!

Then I played with something new. Quiltbea, sometime ago, on the HGTV message board told how to make a fractured block. Saved the instructions because I really wanted to try it. Loved how it turned out after I got it thru my noggin how to sew it together. This first picture is the material that I used.

Then this is how it turned out. Not bad for a scrap of material that has been around for I don't know how long.
Don't have any idea of what I will use it for tho!! It might make a pretty center for a table runner and figure out a way to use the rest of the material around the edge someplace. Something to ponder for another day.

And tonight I finished up a knitted neck scarf. I usually do my knitting in the car while we travel to town and back or at appointments. It was so close to being finished I couldn't stand it.

Almost forgot that I put together Mom's hanging for her door for the month of May. It is not quilted yet so will post that at a later date. There were suppose to be 12 of the hangings in her Christmas present, but it was 3 short. The other 2 are for Nov. & Dec. so I have time to get them ready.

I guess that does it for the month of March. Tomorrow is a new day & a new month for unknown projects!!

Take Care & Stay Safe

5 comments:

  1. Wow! You have been so busy! Beautiful work. Thanks for linking up today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the purse you made. I might have to make one with a cross body strap myself. I love your new ironing board cover. Sunflowers bring so much light into a room. I think I'm going to try making a door hanging for our place. I'm really tired of the wreath that my hubby decided to hang out there. I'll have to figure out something special so that I don't block the peep hole! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you got a lot done! The dog hammock is a great idea! I bet you figure out a way to keep them in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of cute projects! Can't wait to see more of your vintage string blocks... so soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the string blocks! That's something I've been wanting to make for some time now too. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete