Friday, March 8, 2013

More finishes

Have been working on the "Wish Quilt" off and on now for some time. Got all of the embroidery work finished and have 2 more blocks to put together. Thought I had this block finished the other night until I was getting ready to take a picture. OMG how did I miss this????
It is all fixed now. Going to try and be a little more careful on the next 2 blocks. This block is one that I put my own picture on. It is a snowman I've wanted to do for some time and thought this was a good place to do so.

Then I got the hanging finished for the month of April. Am not happy with it at all. I used a scrap piece of polly batting that I had and it was harder to quilt and turned out to puffy!! Will stick to Warm and Natural from now on and consider this a lesson learned. Then my math was no good when I did the quilting on the boarder and it did not turn out as I had planned.


About the only part I am happy with beside the pattern is the butterfly quilting. It was something new that I found a video for on pintrest and I really enjoyed doing it. Will be using it again for sure on something with a bigger area. They don't show up real well in this picture, but out of 3 pictures this was the best one. Sorry!!


Have been looking all over for a pattern for a small bag that jumps up and says make me. I want to use some selvages to do it with, but haven't seen a pattern that selvages might work with. Until I find one I will try to finish the blocks for the "Wish Quilt" but darn I was given a book for my birthday that is really yelling at me and I am having a very hard time telling it "NO". Want to do it in blue and even bought some thread today.

Just what I need is another project! Enough for tonight---Take Care and Be safe

1 comment:

  1. From my view, I do not see a problem with your wall hanging, but of course, I am not there. Love the redwork quilt and book. Have fun making something from it!

    ReplyDelete