Got back yesterday from 12 days in the Mountains Elk hunting. A word of warning---if you do not believe in hunting for food DO NOT go any further. We do this only for meat and not to just be killing animals for the size of their horns. I do not like that and you can not eat the horns anyway!
We travel to Eastern Oregon, and set up a camp with our 2 boys and enjoy every minute of it, but I must say that each year is getting a little harder for Ronnie and I as we will both hit the 70 mark in a couple of months and don't know how much longer we can do this. This first picture is of our camp
The next pictures are of a morning sunrise and an evening sunset. Love sitting out by a fire and watching the sky especially in the morning.
While driving around one day looking for wood to cut for the campfire I had to take a picture of the Tamarack Trees in their full fall color and before the needles all fall of. I miss these trees, we don't have them here on the west coast of Oregon.
Also a picture of an OLD tree that I look for every year just because of its character. One of these years the heavy wind that blows up there will take it down.
These next pictures are of the bounty for this year. They should have each had their tags full but all I will say is a couple of people need to practice their shooting skills. Steve got this one just before sunset and it took several hours to get it off the Mountain after Kelly got up there with the meat cart. So it was after dark by the time they got back to camp and after 10pm before it was all cleaned and taken care of. One Long Day.
This last one is of Chris. This was his first year to go with us and he was with Steve when they got it. He was so excited when he got back to camp to tell us all about it. Chris will be old enough to put in for the youth hunt next year after taking his hunter safety course.
Now I need to get off here and go start the piles of laundry and clean out the trailer. Take care!!
No comments:
Post a Comment