Saturday, September 8, 2012

New Sewing Machine

Well it's new to me but it has a few years on it and if these machines could only talk!! While at a yard sale today the lady and I got to talking after I had found some very funny looking bobbins in the "free" box. She had an old machine in the shed if I was interested. Well to make a long story short, I have been looking for an old machine that was in pretty bad shape and cheap enough that If I ruined it I wouldn't feel to bad. She let me have it for $5.00. This machine is a mess but it does turn. I gave it a drink of a lot of oil tonight and hopefully I can find enough rags to see what it looks like tomorrow. It is electric but the wires I do not trust so if I get that far with it I'm not sure what I will do. The lady said it used to be in a cabinet with the knee control but the cabinet was in such bad shape that they did away with it but saved everything & it all is in a plastic bag.



I took off the presser foot and the cover and put it in some kerosene to soak overnight and see what happens. From what I've been reading on the internet I think those bobbins I found in the free box go to this machine. You can see in the picture where I used a Q tip and some oil on the name & a small spot on the bed. Sure does show up. Do need to find out what kind of needle it uses but that will be for another day. Guess we will see what happens as if I don't have other things I should be doing.

Did finish up another table runner the other day but haven't taken a picture of it yet. It was a picture I found on the internet of a quilt as you go one. It took me 3 days of working on it but I got it figured out. Had no measurements to go by so it turned out some bigger than I like but I loved doing it and the next one will be a bit smaller.

Take Care

1 comment:

  1. What a great find. You never know what is hiding at a garage sale, pays to ask the right question. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete