Sunday, November 25, 2012

Kitchen Re-Do

Back in 2007 we redid the kitchen in this old house and I was so very happy with it. Then quite sometime ago I noticed the floor was getting soft. Now hubby doesn't always beleive what I say so it took him a while to agree with me. He also never gets in a hurry to do anything anymore and so making this go on for months. The floor finally got so bad that we had to lay a piece of plywood down in front of the sink just to feel safe walking on it, then I had my doubts.. The reason it got like this was because of an overflowing drain pipe for the washer that he paid no attention to. Like maybe it would just go away. Anyway making a long story short here are the pictures from when the boys came home over Thanksgiving to work on it. Bless Them!! Day 1 tearing it apart
Day two "What do we do next?"
Day 3 Gary was able to come over and help with some really good tools!!!
Day 4 Now we can dance on it!!
Next will be sheet rock and flooring then hopefully I can get my counters, sink, stove and dishwasher back before Christmas. Ok need to go out in the trailer and fix us something to eat. Not going to be a 5 course meal that is for sure. Take Care

1 comment: