Sunday, July 29, 2012

It's My Turn

First of all I am new at this and would like to say "Thank You" to Lesley for helping me out a few times, and to both Lesley and Madame Samm for giving me the opportunity to have this kind of fun!! I have not participated in something like this before so it is going to be a little out of my comfort zone. Now after saying that, I must confess that I had this post ready to go but it posted at noon today instead of midnight! So I deleted it and am going to just post it myself since my bed time is around this time anyway.

My first item is a candle mat. This idea is from a picture I had saved from somewhere because it reminded me of a wreath.The pattern is called "True Lovers Knot". I knew I wanted something tatted in the center so found a snowflake I liked to do the job.


The second mat happened because I save selvages and had some Christmas ones to put to a good use. I liked the tatted snowflake so much I made another one, plus once you make all the mistakes in the first one you tatted then you have it figured out!!! (Or I thought I did) I wanted to do this same mat in green but didn't have enough green selvages that looked good together.

Now during the Red, White, and Blue blog hop while I was visiting http://quilterinmotion.com I noticed under her tutorial list a two colored table mat. Well, out came the Christmas fabrics again and thus another candle mat. These blocks can easily be made any size you would like. Between Marsha's instructions and the pattern from, http://www.quiltmaker.com/patterns/details.html?idx=12909#.UAB6Nx5fn8U.email, It was really easy to make.

You may need to copy and paste these addresses because I'm having trouble getting them in here to work right. I think I need lessons on this stuff!


After making this one I liked doing it so much that I decided this is what the girls are getting for Christmas presents,and this is what I've been doing since then. I will make as many table runners as I can between now and then and then will divide them up between the 3 girls. I added one more square for the center thus making the mat a little longer.


The pink one needs the binding sewn down and it will also be finished. I think this is a good start on the gifts.

Now if you have managed to make it down this far I liked making that tatted snowflake so much that I have made one for one of you. If you are interested just mention that you would in a comment and I will put your name in a pot, but make sure I am able to notify you if you win. A name will be drawn the morning of Mon. Aug.6th.


Please have a visit with my partners for the day.

July 30
Cotton Addiction
Vroomans Quilts
Kris Loves Fabric
Moosestash Quilting
Paws for Stitching
Threading My Needles
Just Let Me Quilt
Living4quilting
Doodling in my Mind
Quilt Doodle Designs


Thank You for taking the time to visit. Since these are not working please go over to Lesley's blog and click on them from there. Thanks
www.lesleythecuddlequiter.blogspot.com

114 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous Margie! Love the tatting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh they are all lovely -and what lovely gifts to give away at Christmas too. Love the snowflake too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blocks and runners too. I'm a tatter too and like to incorporate my tatting in with my quilting when I can. I'm also doing the hop and today is my day too. I'm glad to find your blog. I like to see what other tatters are doing too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a find - tatting is such a special heritage craft and sorely missed. My gr. gran tried to teach me but I just couldn't. Love how you added your snowflake to the center of a mat - very lovely. I would love your little snow flake, how pretty. Thank you for sharing your blocks with us today - you did very well for your first Blog Hop participation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow just awesome tablerunners and mats. You r not sew new at this you have done wonderful....thank you for sharing and your tatting is just gorgeous...sgriff57@comcast.net thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful blocks. I love the tatting. My grandmother tried to teach me tatting but I have forgotten all I knew. She was so fast and her tatting so beautiful. I am so glad to see your tatting here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margie, what a great post! Love the blocks and how you incorporated those gorgeous tatted snowflakes...so unique...and yes, please put my name in for the giveaway! And using selvedges? So awesome! Beautiful runners...you have helped us roll out the blog hop with a bang! Wonderful post...and you seem to be handling the learning curve very well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the candle mats. Pretty.
    Count me in for the tatted snowflake draw too. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your table runners - thanks for sharing the link to the tutorial - and thanks for the chance to win the pretty tatted snowflake.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your first time blog hop! Love your table runners, I can't seem to make enough of them. Thanks for being part of the hop and sharing all of you great ideas. Yes, I would love a chance to win that little tatted snowflake! Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your table runners are just too cute. I admire your snowflakes. I'd love to win one. I know what hard work they are to make. My grandmother tried to teach me a few years back, and I just couldn't seem to get the hang of it!! Thanks, karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tatting brings sweet memories of Grandma visiting. Her shuttle was a blur, I tried to learn but couldn't. Fortunately I still have doyleys, tablecloths, dresser ware -so beautiful.
    Thank you for your blocks and I would be honored to receive your tatting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great blocks and that snowflake is just sensational...love it! So good to hop with you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good Morning Margie...I am sew pleased to read this is your first adventure with us, how lovely, your blocks are extra special and that tatted snowflake, well is divine...I have always wanted to learn how to do this...YOU are one in a million, like your snowflake...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful snowflake! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these runners! You have just inspired me to make some Christmas gifts!!!! And I LOVE the tatted snowflake! Tatting is something I never learned to do...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really love your tatted snowflakes. I have always been fascinated by this type of work and hope to learn one day myself. And for a first blog hop, you did mighty fine.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love all our ideas. aurea.gillis@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Margie, thanks so much for the link to my site. Imagine my surprise when I was hopping around to the blogs for the Think Christmas Hop and found my blog mentioned. I'm so glad you are enjoying the 2-Color Placemat pattern. I hope others will as well. It is a winner if I do say so myself! I'd love to be a winner and get one of those tatted snowflakes! Someone told me I show up as a "no reply" blogger and I'm not sure why so I added my email just in case.
    quilterinmotion(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  20. You did an awesome job for your first time. I like all of your mats. They look easy and fun to make. I would love to own your snowflake. Thanks for sharing your awesome talent with us.

    ReplyDelete
  21. My grandmother tatted but I never learned that art - mother could do it and I so wish I had taken the time to learn. I'd love to win your tatted snowflake! Your candle mat is my favorite of those you made but I also love the idea of using the selvedges and I think I might have enough. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! your tatting is wonderful! I have no idea how to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. New follower here! Great job on the candle mats and table runners. They are beautiful! I hope I can find the pattern where maybe I can make some for Christmas gifts, too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. you have been busy! I love love love your snowflake. I have bought a book to learn how to tat but I never found the courage to try. I'd be very happy to win your wonderful snowflake. Thanks for the chance
    Celine_Combet at yahoo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  25. thanks for sharing! Love your snowflake! Tating is something that I would love to learn, but I do not see that happening any
    time in the near future.

    wigglypup2(at)yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you for showing us your lovely projects! You have a good start on Christmas!
    (I would love to win your little snowflake! My grandmother tried to teach me to tat when I was very young, but I'm afraid it "didn't take". )

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my goodness, what a generous prize! I took a class in tatting when I was in college (long story for a Business Major!) and to do it well is truly a talent. I'd love to create some gorgeous Christmas decorations around your snowflake!
    haileybarb at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yes please, I would like to win the snowflake. Not that I'm longing for winter now, we have winter at least 6 months of the year. But I love hexies, and love your hexagon quilt. Thanks for showing us! tubakk@online.no

    ReplyDelete
  29. Whew, have you been busy. The best form of flattery is to use someones tutorial. I know that Quilter in Motion is dancing on air right now!

    I love keeping photos that inspire me and recreating them. You've done a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  30. kmcneeese@suddenlink.netJuly 30, 2012 at 8:59 AM

    this is a beautiful tatted snowflake.
    My grandmother tatted, crocheted and sewed and taught me the last two. It's on my list to learn to tat, someday.

    ReplyDelete
  31. You have no idea how much I love tatted items. I love to use them on my crazy quilt pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your blocks are wonderful - especially the selvage one. The runners will make such wonderful gifts.

    I would LOVE to win your beautiful tatted snowflake.

    ReplyDelete
  33. The candle mats are very cute. I would like to be on the list for the tatted snowflake. I like your idea for table runners as presents. Thank you for participating in the Think Christmas blog hop and letting one of your followers win such a wonderful giveway prize.

    Sandi T.
    sandit1@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  34. You have been very busy.Love your projects,specially the runners!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love your tatting. It's one "skill set" I don't have. Thanks for the opportunity to win a snowflake-what a treat. I like your idea of table runners-something practical.
    Rosemary
    nellieduclos@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. I absolutely LOVE tatting and hope to learn how to do it some day! I would love to win the snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful blocks and the tatting adds so much! That is something I have never learned to do. Your runners are beautiful and I just love that selvage mat!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love your addition of tatting to your block. It makes all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  39. wow your tatting is amazing. love this. thank's for the giveaway and don't worry web bog always happen! hope to see you on my turn on sunday, have a giveaway too!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Lovely table runners-----they make great gifts any time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Nice table runners.I have crocheted alot of doilys and tablecloths but could never teach myself the art of tatting.I love your work

    ReplyDelete
  42. Welcome to Blog Hopping, Margie... I hope this won't be your last!
    Your candle mats are gorgeous. And the tatted snowflakes are beautiful! Table runners are always a welcomed gift.

    I'm a new follower, too! "Happy Hop-idays!"
    (And I would love to win your tatted snowflake.)

    ReplyDelete
  43. I absolutely love your tatted snowflakes! I have my grandmother's tools but never learned how to tat...maybe someday? I love how you added them to the center of your candle mats. I'd love to win your tatted snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  44. What a clever idea to add the tatted snowflakes. I love your blocks, and would love to win a snowflake to put in the centre of one of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Welcome to the Blog Hopping, I'm new at this also it's my first! Your little mats are adorable, thanks for sharing you work with us.

    ReplyDelete
  46. All of the mats are very cute but I love the snowflake and would dearly love to win it!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Thank you for sharing your Christmas goodies! I love what you've done with the table runners and didn't waste any time downloading the pattern - I like "different" construction methods (if only for the cool factor!).

    Your tatted snowflake is the best. Tatting is a mysterious art anyway (to me) and your snowflake is stunning. I think that when it comes to my house (coughcough), I'll have to frame it so I can see it every day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Thanks for sharing and I love the snowflake and I can see a lot of things this would be used on. I'm going to try one of the table runners. Thanks again this is fun

    ReplyDelete
  49. Yes, I would love a tatted snowflake. It's beautiful. I make crocheted snowflakes and have used them on a quilt. Your table runners are also nice and a great gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  50. I would love the tatted snowflake! I'm a tatter, but my arthritis makes it very painful to tat.... I've just quit trying. Thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  51. What a beautiful tatted snowflake! Definitely put my name in for the drawing! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  52. What a delicate snowflake, it's beautiful. Thank you for the chance =)

    ReplyDelete
  53. Beautiful work! and your snowflake, wow, amazing. Thank you for sharing your talents with us today!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Wow! Beautiful candle mats and the snowflakes! Thank you for sharing. Judith, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  55. Love the snowflakes. How did you make that?

    ReplyDelete
  56. Congratulations on a great blog hop , your first attempt sure is a great one , love your blocks and especially love the tatting , that is gorgeous and I would be delighted to win the snowflake ,thanks for the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Your candle mats are great and love the table runners. You have a great start on Christmas! Wish I knew how to do the tatting. Would love to win the snowflake!
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  58. I love the snowflake! The candlemats are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Love the tated snowflake. wish I knew how to tat myself. Thanks for the give-away.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Thanks for your Think Christmas stop on the blog hop. My grandmother could tat well, yet I never caught on to tatting, knitting, or crochet. You are very talented at combining your creative talents in projects.

    ReplyDelete
  61. I'm also making table runner for Christmas gifts!! Great minds think alike!! Love your entries to the Blog hop!!
    Blessings
    Gmama Jane

    ReplyDelete
  62. Love your candlemats and the tatted snowflakes! Would love to be in your drawing! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  63. Sweet! I love plaids and this is a wonderful use for them. Thank you for sharing where you got the idea for them. I might have to do a blog post about this...they are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Very, very cute! As a first time hopper you did very well--love your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  65. I really love the idea of tatting on the block! I've added crocheted embellishments, just never thought of tatting! I learned tatting from my husband's grandmother, and I've only done some edgings so far - still quite a beginner. Also really love the use of the selvages - makes me happy someone found a use for all those bits I can't bear to throw away!! Please add me to your drawing: di_caughill@hotmail.com Thanks so much for the inspiration! Denise

    ReplyDelete
  66. Thanks for the chance to win your snowflake, it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  67. what a beautiful snowflake. I tried tatting, but couldn't get the hang of it. Thanks for sharing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  68. Gorgeous snowflake! Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  69. great christmas ideas! and thanx for the oportunity to win your tatted snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Your tatting is gorgeous, and I love it in the center of your little mat. Thank you for sharing your table mats as well.

    ReplyDelete
  71. Loved everything so creative!! The tatted snowflake is adorable love to win it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  72. Tatting is a dying art that I wish I knew how to do. I would treasure your snowflake. Please enter me in the drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  73. I love your candle mats and table runners. I would love to win your tatted snowflake. It is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  74. I would love to win the tatted snowflake! Learning to tat is on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  75. Your candle mats and runners are all so pretty! I would love to be in the draw for the tatted snowflake. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  76. The tatted snowflake is beautiful . Thanks for sharing the info on the table mats. Great gift idea. I would love to win the tatted snowflake.

    ReplyDelete
  77. Oh yes, I would be interested in winning the tattered snowflake. Thanks for the chance to win.

    onlygg@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  78. All you did is wonderful but I like the candle mat the best. I would love a chance for your tatted snow flake it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  79. Well done first timer! I've done a little crochet, but never tried tatting. Your snowflake is lovely. I also like your table runners in different colours.

    ReplyDelete
  80. I really liked your knot block and the tattered snowflakes. I cannot imagine how to tat! I'd like a chance to win a snowflake. Nancy Biggs biggs3@charter.net

    ReplyDelete
  81. Yay you!! You did a marvelous job and the tatting .... WOW! Good for you! Anyone would be truly lucky to win that :) Thank you so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  82. Oh my is that tatting so pretty! Such an artwork that is. Love your block too!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  83. You participated in the blog hop just like a pro...great job!! Love the tatting, what a great idea using the salvages to make the candle mat!! Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing in your first of many blog hops!!

    ReplyDelete
  84. All of the things you made are beautiful, but I really love the candle mats. You did a wonderful job. I love the tatted snowflake, too and would treasure it if I was so lucky to win it. I have seen tatting before, but I have never tried to do it. I think it is so beautiful.Maybe one day I can get up enough courage to try it. Thanks for the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  85. Your work is lovely! I am so glad you are here to share your pieces!! I would love to win one of your creations! Thanks for hopping along!

    ReplyDelete
  86. • • • Margie, your tattings are always pretty. Would love to see it up close and personal.

    ReplyDelete
  87. I love your snowflake! I've never tried tatting, it looked too complicated. I would love to win your snowflake.

    ReplyDelete
  88. I would love to have one of your tatted snowflakes. It is just gorgeous, and something that is way out of my comfort and experience zone.
    lisa(at)vetteklisa(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  89. I would love to have one of your tatted snowflakes. My grandmother was a tatter, but I could get my fingers to move correctly. I love snowflakes of any kind.

    sharpqults.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  90. Congratulations on your first blog hop! I think you did a great post. I was giggling as I was reading your post, I kept saying "me too, me too". I love your candle mat, I also save my salvages, I'm learning to tat and love making runners. You've been busy! Everything is lovely and thanks for sharing with us.

    Thank you for your neat giveaway and a chance to win. I've only learned a few knots tatting and can't wait to learn more. Your snowflake is gorgeous.

    usairdoll(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  91. I would love to win your tatted snowflake. Tatting is such a wonderful art - and it is certainly lost on me - I have no idea how to do it - but, I certainly admire anyone who can.

    nhsarab at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  92. What a lovely tatted snowflake and they look great on your blocks! Please enter my name in the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  93. I love your tatted snowflake! I was born and raised in Michigan - land of snow and ice - and am now in Queensland, Australia - where it never snows, especially at Christmas because it is summer here then.

    Deborah
    homemakerhoney @gmail .com

    ReplyDelete
  94. I would love to have your lovely tatted snowflake this Christmas! Your blocks and tablerunners are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  95. Your tatted snowflake is awesome!!! How nice to be able to do such a cool art to compliment your quilting! I'd love to win it!! wild_blue_farm at yahoo.com (I've not figured out how to be something other than a no-reply blogger!)

    ReplyDelete
  96. I love tatting. I never could get the hang of it, so I really appreciate anyone who can. Please put my name in the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  97. Hi, I love your tatted snowflake. I have just the right quilt to attach it to. It is an attic windows quilt with a Christmas theme. I was going for a looking through a shop window to the Christmas display inside look. Vicki vickilorraine@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  98. Love the blocks and the mats. they are gorgeous and so much fun. I especially love the tatted snowflake

    Bonnielarson58@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  99. Really like the idea of the tatted ornaments on the quilt. I learned to tat a tiny bit from my grandmother and love tatted snowflakes. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  100. You are so clever with the tatting and it makes such a great centre. Thanks Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  101. What a great idea for gifts. I think I will be jumping on your idea for Christmas this year. Tatting! Wow, how beautiful. Yes I would love to win one. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  102. Would love to learn how to tat. Have picked up books to learn the craft, but that is as far as I've gotten with it.... Beautiful blocks, and love your runners also. Nicely done! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  103. All of your candle mats are great. I especially like the first one. I would love to win that beautiful snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  104. what beautiful work love to win the snowflake thank you angchappell@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  105. Love your candle mats and the snowflake is Gorgeous ! My mom used to make beautiful crocheted & starched snowflakes. I treasure those I have from her.
    Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  106. Thanks for sharing, I love the snow flake tatting. I've never tried it, but it is so beautiful. Thanks also for the giveaway, it's so kind to giveaway something you have made and I know any of us would love to have it. Thanks
    ncjeepster@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  107. HELLO! SO BEAUTIFUL!
    THANKS FOR A NEAT POST+GIVEAWAY!

    msstitcher1948@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  108. Wonderful candle mats. It's great that you got a jump on your Christmas list by making the table runners. My Aunt Cecilia used to tat. Unfortunately, she was never a patient person so I wasn't able to learn from her. Thank you for making an extra snowflake for a giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  109. Beautiful snowflake! I'd love to have one!

    ReplyDelete
  110. I love the snowflake.

    ReplyDelete