Sunday, June 19, 2011

Another week has passed

Almost forgot to take a picture of the garden today until late, but here it is. The tomato plants don't seem to be growing much but then we've not had very much warm weather.

As for my needlework--I finished the wedding gift. I like the way it turned out, but fingers got really sore before I got all the hand quilted hearts finished. Maybe if I did more of it more often I wouldn't have that problem.

While at a garage sale I had found a book of Angel Transfers. Got home and while looking through it found one I had to start on right away. Here is my start and her friend "Garden Angel" is waiting patiently for her turn.
Now this last Friday (while at a garage sale)I found a magz. with this pattern in it
So am gathering things so I can start it.
That is not enough. A few of us are starting to put together our 1st memorial fund in Joshua's name. Most of the ones doing this are at work most of the day. So I'm taking on a lot of the work. Just hope I can get it to all come together. Am spending a lot of time on the computer and sending letters for donations. Had a meeting today and have pretty much figured out for sure what we are going to do, or want to do. Will start out with a fun run and walk in the morning, then about 11am about 350 to 400 bikers will come through to present the family with a plaque. Are going to have a chicken BBQ, adult softball tournament, a silent auction, raffle, and bingo for those of us who can't play softball. There will be face painting for the younger ones and are working on something wet for them to play in as late Aug. will be hot. A lot to do, but don't want the Dear Grandson to be forgotten for his sacrifice.
I think this is about the longest post I've done so will say "Good Night" and Take Care!!

No comments:

Post a Comment