Monday, September 27, 2010

Just sewing away

Was sick for a couple of weeks and didn't feel like doing anything at all. Guess I had to make up for lost time. Pat Sloan was doing a project that I saw and right away new that the setting for the center block was just what I wanted for a project that I've had in my head for some time. With some help from some friends from HGTV board, who helped me out with some nickle Christmas fabrics, I got it all together and am rather proud of it. Even tho we don't decorate much for the Holidays I still love making the decorations. Anyway here is a picture. Now I just need to figure out how I want to quilt it and get it finished.

Today I finished up enough flannel blocks to make a "Wonky Log Cabin" quilt. Now I need to wait to get some batting, can probably find enough backing material in my stash. Want to practice free motion quilting on each block and then put it together with a quilt as you go method. Both of these will be new to me so I may procrastinate on doing it.

Internet has been down most of the day so now I'm going to go check some blogs.
Take Care

No comments:

Post a Comment