Sunday, September 5, 2010

Free motion quilting

Have always wanted to learn to do this, so am giving Christina over at "A Few Scraps" the chance to teach me!!! So far I've learned several things and we have just started. Here is a picture of our first practice piece. Was having a problem with the material dragging and not sliding smoothly. Was given a suggestion of rubbing the sewing table with wax paper. Boy, did that help!! Then found directions for making a platform and covering it with contact paper that fits around the machine. Trying to see if I can talk Ronnie into making me one. Gotta get him away from the Cat Trees for a while. Ha Ha!!


Haven't been doing much the last couple of days. Came down with the crud!! Have had a sore throat for the whole time. Think I could handle the rest of it but not the throat thing and now today it's hard to even talk. Not any better by tomorrow may need to call the Dr.

Now I'm getting off here and going to go see if I've got everything I need to make a big pot of Chicken Noodle soup for tonight. Don't feel like eating much else and that is suppose to be good for you. Take Care

No comments:

Post a Comment