As a child I did not know Annie or Andy but ohhhh how I wish I had. I had a lot of dolls and one that I remember so very well. It was a black baby that my uncle (in the service at the time) had sent to me for Christmas. I remember she had a pink dress and bonnet. I played with her a lot and as I got older and got into sewing it was her and Barbie dolls that I sewed for. Guess I really did not learn to much about Annie till a lot later in life and I found the internet.
Last Friday, while doing our Garage Sale day, and while at one sale I spotted this little girl carrying her Annie doll. I talked to her for a short time and told her I too loved Anne and then she had to undress her little doll and show me the "love heart". You could tell that little doll had been very well loved, and the little girl was so very proud of it.
After making Annie ( http://threadingmyneedles.blogspot.com/search/label/Ragady%20Ann%20Doll ) for our 1st great grandchild for a Christmas present for this year, my love affair began. Then Kaaren, shortly after I finished the doll, posted a picture of the quilt she had designed and just finished. Oh how I wanted to do that quilt. Then my wish was granted and now I can do the quilt. Only downside, I will have to wait a whole bunch of months before it will be complete. Maybe I can make ME a doll in the meantime. And so my Love affair has began all the years down the road.
Thank You Kaaren!! Now here is the picture.

I had never made pinwheel blocks before and ohhh the trouble I had. Put them together backwards a couple of times, then one wheel was wrong and I don't remember how many times I froggyed it! But finally got them to where I could live with them.
Sorry the picture doesn't show up to well but if you can click on it to enlarge it and then if you can use the magnifying glass it shows a lot better. Also, guess I don't remember how to insert a web site you can click on so you will need to copy and paste. I am sure Nancy told me how to do it, but am to lazy to go look it up.
It looks wonderful, Margie! Great job!
ReplyDeleteNow we'll have to call you the pinwheel expert, right? Less than a month to go for block 2. *wink*