Thursday, August 27, 2009

Sewing Machine Cover

Got this crazy notion this morning to make a sewing machine cover and enter it in Jenny's contest. That is if all goes well!!! Have been collecting selvages for a short time now and have had some help with some friends from the HGTV board, so I wanted to use some of those and that is where the idea started to take shape. I do not work well without some kind of a pattern. So the challenge began! It took me ALL day and I needed to do a few things different than I had planned because (let's face it) I messed up. All in all it didn't turn out that bad and it does what it's suppose to do and that is what counts. Now my machine doesn't have that white plastic thing to cover it! I have not ironed it yet, as I need to wash it first to remove the lines I used to quilt the material for the back and the top.

So without further adoo (You can click on the picture to make it bigger)


Yesterday Ronnie and I spent the day down at Coos Bay fishing (well sorta). Fishing wasn't really very good, so when we got board with that, we decided to make a trip up the river. It was an awesome day. No wind,(for a change) the water was calm and the sun was shinning. On the way past the big casino, I asked Ronnie why didn't they have a drive thru window? We could have donated a few $$$ by way of a slot machine!!

We went by some awful big barges and old ships. Some of the ships had bird nests in the towers because they have sat there so long. To bad that town lost most of the shipping it used to do. Also went by a big dredge, and I mean big. (am going to need to learn to take my camera with me) Anyway the dredge was cleaning out the mouth of the river (I think!) All in all it was a wonderful day and those three fish we caught we had for supper when we got home.

Time to get off here, tomorrow is a big day. Yard Sale Friday. Maybe I will find a treasure of some sort. Take Care All!

11 comments:

  1. Margie, that is fantastic - I love how you used selvedges!! I'm saving mine for 'something' too. Well done!!! You're in the draw now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what a fantastic idea
    good luck in the draw
    hugs Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very clever and creative sewing machine cover! You did a great job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    I just love it when we can use up the selvedges, and you have out done yourself..What a prize and really sparkles your machine..Great job,,,
    Maggey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is a great idea! Nice job. Much better than my white plastic thingy.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. How clever is that! I love the way your machine cover turned out. I am saving selvedges, but don't know what I'm going to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Margie!

    I love your machine cover - you have put so much work into it! :-) Beautifully done and a lovely way to remember all those fabric ranges the machine has sewn on! :-)

    Warm wishes, Vikki ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your selvage edges in your machine cover....beautiful!
    hugz
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tenho estas tiras guardadas. Vc fez bom uso delas!!!
    Ficou show!!!
    liƩge

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just a fantastic idea. I love it.

    ReplyDelete