My hand pieced block DID get done this week. With no power, cell service or internet was afraid I wouldn't be able to do this week's block. But the power fairies, linesmen, timber workers, and all the people it took, got our power back. Still as I post this about 3,000 people without it so feel very lucky. I wrote my story about it if you are interested go HERE to read.
I was finally able to get instructions for the block and got busy last night. Wanted snowflake material to remember this storm but thought there would be more contrast between these 2 pieces but they almost look alike.
Wish I had some material with tiny trees to make a block to remember all the trees that went down.
To me doing this hand piecing is very relaxing (until I need to reach for the seam ripper!). If anyone would like to give it a try it's not to late. The free blocks and instructions, with lots of good help you can go HERE to maybe learn something new!
The sun is shining now and it's 51 out. Was hoping all this snow would disappear slowly but not looking good. Was 56 most all afternoon yesterday.
Take Care and Be safe!
Songbird Crazy Quilt Placemats
1 day ago

Sounds like it's been quite a week where you live! Glad you had a chance to finish your block - it's really pretty!
ReplyDeleteNicely done! Thanks for linking up with the Hand Pieced QAL.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear you were without power too. What an ordeal!
ReplyDeleteYour block is lovely. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!