Did some more sewing on my string blocks and layed them out to see how many more I was going to need. Am almost half way there.
That's all the sewing I did this week.
Have been busy cleaning up after the storm. Oldest son came up for a couple of days and took out a lot of the branches in the "generic" willow tree out front that broke with all the heavy snow we had. Still some up in the very top he couldn't reach. We ended up with 4 piles of branches, so have been working on cutting them up for the burn pile. One pile almost gone here. 3 to go.
Oldest son has been wanting me to learn to shoot a bow, he is a dealer for bows, but at my age figured no way was I going to be able to pull one of those back. Anyway to amuse him I said ok. He brought a bow with him. Come on Mom, it's only set at 23 pounds. No way would I be able to pull that back, so we will give him a good laugh. Surprise to me it wasn't bad! So have been going out every day shooting a few arrows. Maybe I can get the poundage up with practice.
Ok have rattled on long enough!
Take Care and Be safe



Your block looks great! Thanks for linking up with the Hand Pieced QAL.
ReplyDelete