Monday, April 10, 2017

WHY do I do this?

Stopped at a rummage sale the other day and found these 2 bags of selvages. Of course I could not leave them there plus they gave me a discount for taking both bags.

      


After returning home I spent an enjoyable afternoon reading the printing on them and separating those with printing and those without. Now I need to get busy and come up with a quilt idea for these and the many more that I've saved,  after I make a cover for my sewing chair.                                         

Today I had enough of the blocks finished to sew two rows together for my quilt from old sheets.  Everything doesn't line up like it should and when I do this again will be making the blocks 12 1/2" instead of 14". No square ruler for a 14 and am sure that's where I messed up. Oh well it will still be warm.  Here are the 2 panels put together.


Take care and be safe.                     


1 comment:

  1. I smiled when you said you just couldn't resist those selvages. A sign of a true quilter! Your old sheet quilt is looking quite lovely!

    ReplyDelete