I haven't dropped one since I finished it. You can find the instructions here.
Also been working at getting the wedding quilt finished and last evening I put the last stitch to the binding and got the label put on. This is a heavy load off my mind as the granddaughter is getting married on Sept. 4. When I decided I wanted to make a quilt I was all excited about these heart blocks.
After getting all the blocks made I didn't like it so much and decided on this quilt instead.
Then I found a saying for the label that I felt fit perfect.
Sorry the these pictures are not the best but I got stung by a yellow jacket on my pinky finger while I was outside taking the picture of the quilt.
In the meantime I have been sewing as leader and enders and now have enough of these for a queen size. Just need to find the time to square them up and put together.
Then yesterday I decided to make mom a twin size quilt. We are moving her into a foster home at the end of this month and all her quilts are for a queen size and she will be downsizing to a twin. Am doing this one with old sheets and quilting each block as it is made.
I love the feel of the quilts made with old sheets and the Dear Lord knows I have enough of them. Got carried away when I first started collecting them. I would see them for cheap at yard sales and grab them. Finally got smart and started picking up the pillow cases instead. These blocks I made with 5 inch blocks and for the back I used a full square to fit of a sheet. Am liking it so far and will be working on it some more today. Hope this will help to get rid of some of my sheet stash!!!
I think this will be enough for this post. Till next time, Take Care and Be Safe.







i love that idea
ReplyDeleteMe too! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete