Sunday, August 14, 2016

Now WHERE did these come from

Since I have finished 2 quilts this month, I was in my room today looking for something that I might want to work on. Really would like to make another quilt from sheets so was going to start cutting some blocks and in the process was putting a few things away. Gee, I don't remember this pizza box.
 
I wonder what is in it. Well, well
Blocks made from sheet. I honestly do not remember starting this. How come I can't remember making this many of them.
Now the rest of my day has been spent trying to figure out how I want to put them together. Do I want to do it like I did THIS quilt last week with sashing
or do I need to figure out FMQing and do it without the sashing?  Oh the decisions!!!
Now after I've looked at these pictures I'm thinking with the sashing. Either way I've got to wait for a trip to town to get some batting.  Last weeks quilt used every little bit I had. Had to zig zag a bunch together in order to finish the blocks. Only got narrow, skinny (good for stuffing) strips left.

The only problem with finding these blocks is I was hoping to cut up and use some more of my sheet scraps from the totes.

For those of you who replied to my last post about doing this. If you are just starting to collect your sheets, be careful and purchase high thread count sheets. I have a lot of the thinner ones, (that I used) but the higher thread count ones work up so much nicer. Also someone mentioned using a used sheets for the backing. I thought about this and my thinking is if you use used sheets for the top it should work fine but don't use material that has not been washed several times because one will shrink and the used sheet has already shrunk.  Hope that makes sense.

Take Care & Be Safe


3 comments:

  1. What a pretty blocks. I don't see many vintage sheets around here. Thanks for the comment on my blog concerning my Rant about Elder Care. My mom lives in Oregon and she suggested maybe an adult foster care center would work. I am beginning to think Michigan is very expensive for care of the Elderly. Wee were told by one place $15,000 per person per month, and that is without any meals, or nursing care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in Michigan. I am sure there are lawyers out there too, but we haven't experienced that one yet.

    ReplyDelete