Have finished, or made several things this last couple of weeks. First off is the sweater I've been knitting. I got it finished but didn't like how open it was around the neck so I thought about it for several days and decided to see if I could pick up some stitches on the row where the sweater started (neck down) and add some more to it. Seams to have worked. Will know more when it is blocked, also still need to fix all the loose ends to.
here at the bottom of the page is what the neck on the pattern looks like, and here is mine.
This item I forgot to take a picture of as I was very excited to give it to the person I made it for. Now for the story. I carry only a billfold with me as a rule and there is a waitress where we sometimes go to eat lunch while in town that had a fit about my billfold every time she saw it. I got into a conversation with her about colors and she unknowingly told me her favorite color was gray. Here are the colors I chose from my stash to make her one of these billfolds.
This is the one I carry
She was very happy but would not bring us a bill because she wanted to pay for it. Tried to explain that I did it because I enjoy doing it and wanted it to be a gift. Needless to say, she got a really NICE tip and we didn't get caught leaving!!
I also finished up a project that I started over a year ago and I had it half quilted. Finished the FMQing and put a binding on it. It is now hanging in the spot I intended it for. Silly to put something on hold for that long that only took a couple of hours to finish. Makes me smile!!
Also finished up the 30 log cabin heart blocks that I want to use for a wedding gift for DGD in Sept. Need to get them squared up and put a sashing around them then they will be ready for a top.
Now I guess I have a thing for bags and I found
a pattern here that looked interesting. It is on the large size, but will hold a larger knitting project plus the pattern and anything else I think I might need. The zippered pouch inside doesn't show very well but will be used I'm sure.
Think this is about it for this time. Brother and his wife are coming down this next week for a couple of days so probably not much sewing going on.
Take Care & Be Safe
Great projects, but the little fish is what makes me all smiles right now.
ReplyDeleteWhat a neat array of projects! I'm really intrigued by the billfold and can see why the waitress was. Sneaky of you to find out her colors...and to make sure she didn't pay for it.
ReplyDelete