Thursday, May 21, 2015

A Quilt Festival in Blog Land

I've not entered a contest quit like this before. A Festival of Quilts is going on over at Amy's blog which is http://amyscreativeside.com/2015/05/15/bloggers-quilt-festival-spring-2015/ So many pretty quilts and you can vote for your favorite starting May 22 thru the 29th!

I always make scrap quilts so guess that is the category that I will need to use for my quilt. Early in 2014 I decided to make a quilt for each of my 3 children for Christmas. There was a sew along on Terry's blog (here) for making X blocks, (she called it Goodnight Irene) and this looked like something I could handle, So I got busy!! Had to get 3 quilts finished and one had to be a King size quilt.

Had been playing around with a new way of QAYG and had been practicing with it. Dug out my never ending supply of scraps and got started!!

Only have the one picture of this quilt. It was made for our daughter. The quilt is now wrapped in Christmas paper with a bow and a name tag with the year on it and is stored away for if and when she decides to speak to her family again. Long story, but I'm never ever to speak to her again. Told her my opinion on a subject and she didn't like it. Nothing new, she has a habit of doing this, so her quilt will be waiting for her! Quilt was finished in April.

So here is her quilt, the wind was blowing that day and thus the quilt would not stay where we had it, but I kind of like the affect.

I only wish now I had gotten a close up of the quilting! Guess I could unwrap it, but I will wait.

Please go thru all the categories of quilts and vote for your favorite.

Take Care & Be Safe

 


No comments:

Post a Comment