Monday, February 16, 2015

What I've been up to

Has it really been almost 2 months since I posted? Decided that there would be no big quilts this year!! Only lap size and smaller.

With the way my right eye has been the last couple of days I may not get much of anything done for a while. About the middle of last week I noticed LOTS of floaters in my right eye and then Saturday I started noticing flashes. Thought maybe it was something with my new glasses (2 weeks Ago). Kept trying to figure it out so took my glasses off to look at them and it happened again. So then I looked in the mirror to see if I had something on my eyelash. Nothing there. So it is my eye I guess. Looks like a lighting bolt shooting down when I blink or turn my head just right. Don't know if it's my imagination but my eye seems to throb! Have a Dr. opt. Wednesday so maybe she can help me figure this out.

Now to what I've been doing. One Granddaughter got a pair of knitted leg covers to wear with her boots (sorry no picture) and the other granddaughter got this, she is in love with these. It was a pattern for a pincushion but she doesn't know that. I found the pattern here


Have made several baby quilts, the Ladybug one I found a picture of one and then did my own thing and has been sent to a friend for her daughters first baby, a girl. Cotton front and flannel back.
Back of quilt
This next one was made for a young lady I know and she is having a boy, but I got a call the other day and a lady wanted to know if I had a baby quilt I would sell. Well I got busy and quilted a top I had ready and now she will have 2 to pick from and if she takes the one for the boy (airplanes on the back) I will need to make another. This little one is not due till April, so have plenty of time.
This is flannel front and back.

the back

And this is the one I just quilted. Cotton with flannel back
Have several things I want to do. Found a quilt block I want to use some of my old sheets to do and see how it looks. Would make a cute baby quilt I think. And then there is a table runner I'd like to make for ME, but am going to hold off for a couple of days until I find out about my eye. Sure don't want to strain it and make it worse whatever it is. Just doing this on the computer and it is starting to throb.

Take Care and Be safe



 
 

 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment