Saturday, December 20, 2014

My year for quilts

All of the quilts this year have been made using my scraps, but I think it just caused me to make more scraps!! Just can't see the bottom of them. After finding this way to quilt a large quilt on my regular sewing machine I was able to quilt all of these quilts like this. Will be more quilts made this year using this way of quilting. Only wish I could get My Singer 15-91 fixed so it would work right!! Took it in once, and $100.00 later it still doesn't work right and I don't trust it so the Huskystar has been getting a workout. Not a lot of throat space but if I keep the panels about 18 inches wide it works OK.

May finish: Made for a friend from her daughters baby cloths, so these can't count as MY scraps!
April -- I don't have a picture of the whole quilt (note: get one) Made a mistake in the spelling while quilting. Has since been fixed with the help of a friend and how they used calligraphy to help fix mistakes. Worked great!!!
Also in April the Irene quilt was finished. I love this quilt and it will be the Christmas present for our daughter this year even tho she got mad at me a couple of months back and I'm never to speak to her again!! It will be wrapped and saved for her. She does this quite often and is nothing new.
Sept I finished a "Thank You" quilt for our Niece, who did us a big favor. Thanks again Lonna!
Novembers finish was a king size quilt for our youngest son and his wife for their Christmas present. Didn't think I would ever get this one quilted, but I like the way it turned out!

 Dec finish is the one for our oldest son and his wife. Am not as happy with this one, it makes my eyes go crossed! This picture was taken in between the rain showers so had to throw it over the line to keep it off the ground.
Next years presents will be smaller I think! Am thinking some small pillows!!!

That's it for quilts for this year.

Take Care and Be Safe

4 comments:

  1. Wow-that is a lot of scrappy goodness! I can't believe you quilted that large king on a domestic machine. Way to go! Thanks for sharing on Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG what wonderful scrap quilts! I too am joining in with Cynthia's Oh scrap this coming year. Yep I think you are right we just create more scraps and don't see the light at the end of the tunnel, LOL Good luck to us both!

    ReplyDelete